The brain is a very hungry organ of the body. It is the first organ of the body to absorb nutrients from the food we eat. The brain absorbs nutrient at higher speed and the brain suffers if we intake junk food.
Here is a list of nutritious food that will help in brain development of your child.
- Eggs– Eggs have a great source of protein. Eggs can help in development of a child’s brain at wider pace in early years. The egg yolk helps in memory development of a child
How to make eggs yummy– Eggs can be a great option for breakfast as they provide nutrients for brain as well as body. A yummy egg roll can be served along with ketchup for the rushing mornings.
Sunny egg along with English muffin can also be a great option.
Egg sandwich made with multigrain bread onions and tomatoes acts as a healthy snack.
- Colorful Veggies– Raw and cooked vegetables are both good for body and brain. Tomatoes, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, carrots, spinach, kale, peas, zucchini are vegetables with rich, deep color and are the best sources of antioxidants that will help to keep the brain cells strong and healthy.
How to make vegetables yummier– A yummy bowl of salad made with all colorful vegetables and a pinch of salt and vinegar can make the bowl tremendously delicious accompanied with corns.
Zucchini again provides great source of vitamins and has rich anti oxidant properties. Zucchini can be added in pasta (whole grain pasta) or sandwich or even pizza (whole grain base) along with cheese, tomatoes and onions.
- Apples and Plums– Apple and plums also contains rich antioxidant properties and can help in development of brain cells. The skin of Apple and plums can do wonders for a child’s brain and body. Children often face sweet cravings thus apples and plums can act as a remedy for all time sweet cravings.
How to Make Apple and plums more yummy– A fresh bowl of salad can be an appetizing mid day snack. Apples can also be consumed with dark chocolate sauce.
Plum and strawberry smoothie is again a tastylicious substitute for all those sweet cravings.
- Dairy products- Dairy foods are full of protein and vitamin B that are essential for growth of brain tissue, neurotransmitters and enzymes. Fat is important for brain health and keeps brain cells growing. Appropriate amount of consumption of dairy products are essential in early years. Dairy products include cheese, milk, paneer, yogurt, butter and many more.
How to make dairy products yummier– Cheese are savory and favorite of most of the children. Cheese can be eaten along with multigrain bread and Italian seasonings.
Milkshakes are always yummylicious and can be made along with any of the fruits. They are healthy and delicious at the same time.
Yogurt- Greek yogurt are high in proteins and vitamins. Flavored yogurts are luscious in taste and can be a great substitute for ice creams.
Paneer is again a delicious and healthy dish and a number of dishes can be made using paneer. Burger with paneer patty can be a great evening snack. Buttered paneer onions and peas can also be an easy to make snack for children. Paneer cutlets and paneer fingers are all time favorite of children.
- Berries– Berries have got so many great health benefits. They have highest antioxidant-rich properties including Vitamin C, Vitamin K and Fiber. Due to presence of Gallic acids in berries they help in development of brain and also help in releasing stress.
How to make berries yummier– Blueberries and blackberries have most antioxidants amongst all the berries. They can be eaten either with flavored yogurts or even raw. Berries can be substituted with sugary candies as they are sweet healthy and tasty. Strawberries, raspberries and Indian gooseberries are delicious when made into jam. Berry smoothie is again mouth watering.